InterCEPT Counterfeit Inspection and Testing of Electronic Parts Certification Program
An individual who completes the InterCEPT Counterfeit Inspection and Testing of Electronic Parts Certification is a person qualified to inspect and record the results of a counterfeit detection inspection on an electrical,
electronic or electromechanical part. The certified inspector will have an understanding of the knowledge and skills necessary to perform a visual inspection, knowledge of the tests used to detect counterfeit electronic parts
and knowledge of best practices used in the mitigation of counterfeit electronic parts.
Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Independent Distributors, Government Agencies, Test Laboratories
Quality, Purchasing, Sales, Inspection and Testing
An InterCEPT Certified Inspector 1
(Visual Inspection) has demonstrated the knowledge covered in the following InterCEPT classes:
An InterCEPT Certified Inspector 2
(Visual Inspection, Surface analysis, X-Ray, Decapsulation and XRF) will complete all requirements for an Inspector 1
in addition to the following:
Please note that if you have already completed any of these classes above, you do not need to re-take them.
- Successful completion of the required InterCEPT courses during a one-year period.
- Obtain a passing grade on the required InterCEPT final examinations.
- Certification candidates must apply for this certification by submitting an application which is subject to approval. The application must include three examples of test reports of inspections completed by the applicant.
Upon successful completion of requirements, the candidate will be awarded an InterCEPT Counterfeit Inspection and Testing of Electronic Parts Certification.
– Visual Inspection Only (Four InterCEPT classes)
- Tuition: $1,125.00
- ERAI Member Discount: $900.00
– Visual Inspection and Advanced Techniques. Includes Inspection 1 class suite plus two additional Inspector 2 classes. (Six InterCEPT classes)
- Tuition: $1,575.00
- ERAI Member Discount: $1,260.00
Recertification is necessary every five years and requires successful completion of current InterCEPT Counterfeit Inspection and Testing of Electronic Parts class suite.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more details.