Nonconformance Photo Library
ERAI began collecting suspect counterfeit, counterfeit and nonconforming part data in 2001. Since that time, due to the generosity of Members and Non-Members alike, ERAI has compiled the world’s largest database of high risk parts. In 2014 ERAI expanded our part reporting service to include a Nonconformance Photo Library whereby Members can search and retrieve images illustrating specific nonconformance types.
Using various industry resources including, but not limited to, IDEA-STD-1010B, SAE AS6081 and numerous inspection reports originating from both Independent Distributors, OEMs and independent test labs, ERAI compiled a universal set of the major types of tests and inspection methods commonly used in the identification of nonconforming parts.
From the established detection methods list and after reviewing more than a decade of ERAI reported parts data, we were then able to define the common types of nonconformances that could be identified using these tests and inspection methods.
- Documentation, Packaging & Shipping Inspection
- BGA Lead External Visual Inspection
- Lead External Visual Inspection
- Part Markings External Visual Inspection
- Device Package External Visual Inspection
- Remarking & Resurfacing Testing
- Mechanical Scraping (e.g. Scrape Test, Scratch Test)
- Radiological (X-ray) Inspection
- Lead Finish Evaluation (XRF or EDS/EDX)
- Decapsulation Internal Analysis (a.k.a. delidding, decap)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- XRF Analysis
- Solderability Testing
Photographs were then linked to each nonconformance type, more than 75 unique findings in all. The library is exclusively available to ERAI Members.